Monday, November 13, 2006

Life


As the internship for Pixar nears its end (officially on December 7th), and I must still look forward to one more semester of school, I have started thinking seriously about life after graduation. More specifically, I am looking into graduate school in art. Here are the two main schools that I want to go to:

Acadamy of Art University in San Francisco, CA

and

CalArts in Valencia, CA

If I were to go to CalArts, I would probably go into character animation. However, I know that Acadamy has a great Illustration program.

On a side note, here is an article about an awesome cause going on in SF; and the more I think about it, the more I feel that internet access should be a right, not a privelege

SFGate Article on the formerly homeless

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Soo...The bummer about the CalArts program is that they only offer a BFA in character animation, and from what I heard when I was at Pixar, it's harder to get in if you are trying to get your second degree- they prefer fresh high school grads. This may have changed though.

What about Animation Mentor?
I think that's where I'm going to go as soon as I get the cash together.
It also happens to be 1/3 as expensive as Academy, and you would still have time to enroll in drawing and anatomy classes as Academy, City, or State while you got your animation certificate.

It would be fun to be in the same school again too!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home