Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Final Stretch





So one more week before the art show. One more week left to finish the storyboard, turn it into an animatic in After Effects. One more week of -hell-. There's been tons of support all around from everyone, and I really, really appreciate it. I don't know if I could've gotten this far without it! Danielle, Tiffany, and I are really kicking our own asses to make each of our projects great, and I look forward to when we all get to show it. Meanwhile, I'll continue to drop stacks of event flyers all around the city, hoping to get enough interest from all over. (last Tuesday I got a huge free box of condoms/lubricant from a community center in exchange for them letting me leave a stack of flyers there... had to use both arms to carry it)

Last week we did some fundraising on my University's campus. Danielle and I drew portraits, Tiffany did Polynesian dancing, another student did some crazy yoga/gymnastic tricks, and in the end we attracted folks of different ages and raised lotsa money!












Oh, and I decided to switch back to a biology major and hold off graduation for another couple of years, since art was way more stressful than I'd bargained for. Just thought I'd let you guys know!

9 Comments:

Blogger Tina Poe said...

What the..!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

Wait are you serious about the biology thing?! Hell no! Wait are you serious? Nawwww!

I'm going to eventually make my way back through your previous posts so I can follow the evolution of this story. It's Lookin' good!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Haha! You guys are crazy!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ASisLT5XHtg

7:01 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Yaaaah!! I'm totally gonna have to play that video before the actual show starts!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Jacob Marvin Rossi said...

OH MAN, looks like that was fun. How you doing? =D I'm excited for the show, it's going to be great! And there's still so much to do!

Oh hey, I got a couple THEME SKETCH up, finally. So enjoy! I need to catch up with you guys like burning. Did you notice the new post-it blog? I'd love to get that started up too. But really, who the hell has time to doodle on notepads when there's projects and finals and shows and installations to be done?

I'll see you sunday, goodluck getting set!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Fabián Fucci said...

Beautiful drawings, blog, pictures, and people.

8:14 PM  
Blogger *Emm said...

Hey Rosie,

I just found the comment you left me! I know I'm horrible at keeping up with my blog! Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for the support and how totally impressed I was at your show. Hope you are having a wonderful time on vacation and your able to absorb as much as possible. Remember it's already in your blood, all you have to do is look for it.

*Emy

1:01 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

ROOOSSSIIIIEEE!
What are you up to? It's been forever!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home