Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cafe quick paintings

Here are a couple of lightning quick paintings done at a cafe.





Whenever I find myself in a creative block and really tense, I see it as a cue from my mind/body to take a break. Sometimes the last thing you should do at this point is force yourself to work more, though if you're being lazy, that's the FIRST thing you should do! I find changing my work environment (i.e. from home to school, or school to home, or home/school to cafe, etc.) and randomly drawing from life to be pretty useful tricks to get the artistic juices flowing. If nothing else works, I go run and play outside in the sun.

What do you do to unwind?

___


Inspirational artist:

Emily Barrera

This talented lady is all about character, and fortunately for me I know her personally! Emily's work is unique and charming in storytelling and design, much like the artist herself!

Check her out:

Emily's Blog

8 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I go rock climbing... used to do yoga too, but haven't found a good teacher yet.

How quick did you do these?

The man on the right of the 2nd pick looks like good ol' Abe L. on a penny, hehe.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jason >> Hm! You should try Yoga Tree, I liked the teachers there so far (2 different locatoins: Castro and Valencia)

The first one took about 15 minutes, the second about 30 - 45 I think.

Hehe, I just realized the Abe resemblance! The guys were Chinese!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Ying Chen said...

Hey Rosie, this is linda :) Where's all you're new stuff!? I'm gonna link you too!

2:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Real nice Rosie.
To unwind the ol' stand by is a good cheesebuger. Um um good. Try Pearl's on Post near Taylor. They got the kind that soothes the soul. Oh yeah. :)

11:54 PM  
Blogger シャドウワイバーン・金霊 said...

Heya Rosie, long time no talk! It's konrei-sama~ :>

I love your quick sketches you did this time. Been lurking your blog all the time for new illustrations to see and get inspired.

I unwind myself by doing housechores (cooking, doing laundry or errands outside the house), I imagine those as my adventures and my scene for the day.

Weird but that's get me back to art again. XDD

2:50 PM  
Blogger Graham Ross said...

I punch myself in the face with a muffin. :)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Nick Vona said...

Just curious, when you paint in cafe, what materials do you use?

Thanks, love your work....

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Poached Egg Recipes said...

Hii thanks for posting this

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home